Sand

You would like to see any new feature in the game? This is the place to share your suggestion.
Sperzieboon23

Sand

Post by Sperzieboon23 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 pm

I often run into the problem of forests being overrun by other plants. Currently the main way I use to segregate plants is by using a large body of water or make use of the required-amount-of-dirt-to-grow difference. Another way I came up with was by maybe adding a different type of soil, such as sand. With this you could create dunes on which herbs and other plants who can live on loose soil. This way the trees and bushes can't overgrow them since they need firmer soil.

Now that I think about it, there are also certain types of fish that can hide underneath sand and then attack their prey. So sort of a aquatic groundhog.
Yours truly,
Boon-chan UwU UwU

SmallLivingWorld

Re: Sand

Post by SmallLivingWorld » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:18 pm

I understand your point.
Sand can be a good addition. But it would required a lot of re-balancing on everything.

You can also use plain rock to divide biome.
But usually we want to do a smooth transition, only certain type of plants should be blocked.

Other player are requesting a way to divide biome as well. I'm not too sure what can be the most natural way of doing it.
Because plant reproduce in a random radius, setting blocker is difficult.

Sand and water are possible way of doing it.
Or, it will required a completely new game mechanism.